Monday, April 2, 2012

Items I'm Stalking - April 2012

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been spending a good portion of my life these last few weeks spring cleaning. So, I decided to take a few well-deserved hours to myself this past Sunday and do some shopping!

Right now there is tons of great stuff out there for Spring and Summer and I am loving all the color. While I did my fair-share of damage to the wallet (more on that later), below are a few items I left on the racks until the price fits within my budget better. 

One of my first stops was Anthropologie. I've been a little late to jump on the Anthropologie bandwagon. I just never really saw anything that jumped out at me the first few times I visited. However, thanks to the persistent coaxing of a few friends who are forever donning the cutest finds from there, I'm now thankfully (or perhaps regretfully from my bank account's perspective) a convert.  

I adore this lavender-patterned, cotton, blouson-frock from Meadow Rue, called a "Diamond Kite Dress".  Perfect for hot days, I can see myself wearing this to countless summer events such as picnics, cook-outs, bridal/baby showers and brunches. Currently, it is selling in the store for $168. I think we can do better than that though, so I'm waiting to see if the price drops a little more for my liking. 


I think this Chambray Romper is a fun and unexpected way to play with fashion. Again, ideal for cook-outs and backyard BBQs or, better yet, a summer concert! Or, how about just running errands? Plus, according to Vogue, allover denim in varying shades in a big trend this Spring. Admittedly, this look may not be for everyone, but it sure is fun! Right now, this romper is retailing for $128. 

This embossed, basket dress comes in green, blue and black and is technically already on sale for $119.95 from the original price of $168. Still, I'd really love to snag this for an amazing steal and the Anthropologie at Towson Town Center still has a bunch on the rack, so I'm going to hold out for a better deal. This color green is one of my favorites and I love the timeless silhouette.



Before I move on to the other stores I visited Sunday, I have to say something about this whimsical, bronze vanity mirror. Anthropologie's website calls it a "Winter's Perch Mirror" and it's priced at $148. Not sure if I need to spend that much on superfluous home decor right now, but I just love it!
I spotted this silk, twist strap, floral dress in "purple orchid" on the Banana Republic sale rack. It doesn't really photograph well below, but it is gorgeous in person. Makes me want to book a trip to Hawaii or Tahiti! Originally priced at $130, it is currently on sale for $98. I might have to go back and check on it later this week as it was the last one I saw in the store and it's sure to be snagged soon. 

Banana Republic is also carrying this Renee ombre beaded clutch in delicious green with a zipper enclosure and a magnet under the flap for extra security. I like that this clutch is a little more substantial than some that you find, and it is flexible so it can hold a lot of goodies. Most of all, how gorgeous is that color and the beading?! As I've said before, I love greens, and this is so elegant and fresh at the same time. Alas, at $98, I can't really justify buying it right now, but one can dream...
The Limited has a great color pallete this season and some must-see dresses like the two below. Both are a little bit retro in my opinion and that's what I love about them! The first one, with a golden, floral print and beautiful ruffle neckline, is aptly named the Floral Ruffle Neck Dress. It's also has a lovely sheen and slubbed texture making it appear similar to silk, but it's actually cotton and machine-washable (always a bonus!). The second dress is simple, fun and relaxed. Plus, who doesn't love a dress with pockets? Both are work appropriate as long as you wear a cardigan over the first one depending on your work environment. The first dress is originally $98 and is currently on sale online for $58.80. I can't find the pricing for the second dress because The Limited's webpage is not featuring it anymore. 


The Limited is also featuring this Pierce Waist Pencil Skirt, which is "a little bit wooly and a little bit textured". The color here makes it look very pastel yellow, but in person it's actually a lemony-lime color. Full-price$59.90, internet sale $35.94.



This skirt is from Ann Taylor and, again, it doesn't translate well in the photo, but it is gorgeous in person! It's called the Floral Sequin Pencil Skirt, which is misleading in every sense of the phrase except skirt. First of all, I would call this a mini rather than a pencil skirt. Almost too short for work even. Second, the term floral is really up to interpretation although the pattern is reminiscent of a Monet. The best part about this skirt, though, is instead of regular ol' sequins, the "floral pattern" is actually made of tiny, little pieces of fabric -- cloth sequins, if you will -- that are stitched vertically down the skirt giving it this fantastic texture and great visual appeal. However, at $198, it will only be textural and visually appealing in my dreams. 

Lastly, I spotted this Satin Polka-Dot Sheath in the window of White House/Black Market, where I normally don't do a lot of shopping, but the retro fit and pattern of this dress were almost irresistible! Granted, the dress is very va-va-voom and (pardon my language) but it would take some balls and lots of hours in the gym to wear it, but isn't is just glorious? I would wear this on a sexy, little date to some romantic italian bistro and pretend to be Sofia Loren for the night. My only qualm with the dress is that it is black, not navy, as I initially thought. I always think navy looks a lot cleaner when compared with black, but for some of you, this might actually be a plus since black goes with more. This dress is $168 and will remain in the store until significantly marked down considering it's limited wear possibilities. 

As always, if anyone spots any of these coveted items marked down any further than I've listed here, please let me know! Are there items you've seen for spring and summer that you're holding out on for a better price? Do any of the above make you drool as well? 

1 comment: